REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the front end on jackstands.
- Matchmark the driveshaft and yoke and disconnect the driveshaft.
- Using a holding tool, such as J-8614-01, on the yoke, remove the pinion nut.
- Remove the yoke, using tools J-8614-01, -02, and -03, or their equivalents.
- Using tool J-9233 or J-7583, or, on 1987-90 models, tool J-25180, or their equivalents, remove the seal.
- Coat the outer rim of the new seal with sealer and install it using a seal driver.
- Install the yoke, pinion washer and a new pinion nut. Torque the nut to 210 ft. lbs.
- Connect the driveshaft.