REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, and 4
- Remove the negative battery cable.
- Jack up the vehicle and support it with jack stands.
- Remove the drain plug and drain any remaining fuel into a suitable container.
It is best to run the tank as low on fuel as possible before removing it.
- Disconnect the plug from the sending unit. Remove the gravel shield if equipped.
- Disconnect the three fuel lines. Plug the outlet line to prevent fuel from leaking.
- Disconnect the filler neck and vent line.
- Remove the fuel tank protector.
- Remove the six bolts from the tank and carefully lower the tank.
- Install the fuel tank. Tighten the six tank bolts to 11-16 ft. lbs. This procedure similar for all models.