See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the battery ground cable. Detach any interfering control cables.
Disconnect the electrical connections:
- Heater switch
- Ground wire
- Battery connector
- Remove the screws that hold the motor to the heater assembly and remove the blower motor housing and motor.
- Remove fan and blower motor from blower motor housing.
WITHOUT AIR CONDITIONING
The heater housing assembly has to be removed to get out the blower motor.
- Drain about two quarts of coolant.
- Disconnect the heater hoses at the engine side of the firewall.
- Detach the heater control cables.
- Disconnect the motor wiring.
- Detach the water drain hose and the defroster hose.
- Remove the nuts from the studs in the engine compartment.
- Tilt the heater housing assembly down and pull it back toward the inside of the vehicle.
- Remove the attaching screws and the blower motor.
- On installation, make sure that the seals around the core tubes and blower motor are in place.
It is not necessary to discharge the refrigerant system.
- Remove the hose clamps and dash grommet retaining screws.
- Remove the evaporator housing-to-instrument panel retaining screws and the housing mounting bracket screw.
- Remove the blower mounting screws and remove the blower. Disconnect the wiring.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.