REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the power unit pushrod at the pedal.
- Disconnect the vacuum line at the power unit check valve.
- Unbolt the master cylinder from the power unit and push the master cylinder aside carefully.
- Unbolt the power unit bellcrank at the dash panel and remove the power unit and bellcrank as an assembly. If the power unit is being discarded, save the bellcrank for the new unit.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Torque the bellcrank-to-dash panel bolts to 35 ft. lbs.; the master cylinder-to-power unit bolts to 30 ft. lbs., the pushrod-to-pedal bolt and nut to 35 ft. lbs.