See Figure 11971 Only
- Remove the driveshaft.
- Remove the retracting spring clevis pin and the spring clip.
- Remove the hub locknut, the nut and washer from the transfer case output shaft.
- Using a puller, remove the brake drum and companion flange.
- Remove the retracting springs and shoes from the backing plate.
- Clean all parts with a safe solvent.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Replace any weak springs and clean the adjuster threads. Coat the threads with a LIGHT film of oil. It will be necessary to back off the adjusting screw wheels to allow drum installation.
- Adjust the brake.