- Loosen the air pump adjusting bracket bolts.
- Remove the drive belt.
- Remove the air pump intake and discharge hoses.
- Remove the air pump from the engine.
- To install, reverse the above procedure.
To remove the anti-backfire valve, disconnect the hoses and bracket-to-engine attaching screws. Install in the reverse order of removal.
AIR DISTRIBUTION MANIFOLD AND AIR INJECTION TUBES
It is necessary to remove the exhaust manifold only on the 4-134 prior to removing the air distribution manifold and the air injection tubes. On all the other engines, these components can be removed with the manifolds on the engine.
- Disconnect the air delivery hose from the air injection manifold. Remove the exhaust manifold on the 4-134.
- Remove the air distribution manifold from the air injection tubes on the 4-134 only.
- Unscrew the air injection tube from the exhaust manifold or the head. Some resistance may be encountered because of the normal buildup of carbon. The application of heat may be helpful in removing the air injection tubes.
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
There are two lengths of tubes used with the 4-134. The shorter tubes are installed in number 1 and 4 cylinders. The air injection tubes must be installed on the exhaust manifold prior to installing the exhaust manifold on the engine.