REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
1962-83 Wagoneer and Cherokee
- Remove the tailgate access cover.
- Carefully pry off the glass retainers.
- Disconnect the defogger wiring.
The retainers are easily damaged during removal. When installing the ertainers, make sure that the tabs are firmly locked in the groove of each pin. If any problem is encountered, replace the retainers.
- Clean the lower section of the glass with isopropyl alcohol. Don't wipe the defogger grid area!
- Using glass sealer, part number 8130418, or equivalent, cut two strips, 53 1 / 2 inches long, each. Place one strip on top of the other, adhesive sides together, and squeeze together, making a single strip 0.09 inch thick by 53 1 / 2 inch long.
- Place the glass on a padded surface, bottom edge up.
- Remove the release paper from one side of the sealer. Center the sealer over the glass edge, and, starting from one end lay the sealer on the glass edge, but don't wrap the sealer up over the side, yet.
- Remove the other release paper and wrap the sealer over the glass edges.
- Press or tap the bottom channel on the glass. Make sure that the channel is fully seated.
- The remainder of installation is the reverse of removal. Make sure that the regulator works smoothly and freely. If there is difficulty in raising the window, replace the existing stop bumper.