REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the four attaching bolts and remove the unit from the truck.
- Drain the housing and clean the exterior.
- Remove the pulley retaining nut and the pulley.
- Remove the six attaching bolts and remove the pulley shaft from the housing. There is a shim pack between the housings.
- Press the shaft through the housing and remove the inner bearing cone, spacer and shim pack.
- Remove the oil seal and outer bearing cone.
- Clean all parts in a safe solvent. Replace any worn or damaged parts.
- Assembly and installation is the reverse of removal and disassembly.
See Figure 1