REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 7
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Set the front tires in a straight ahead position.
- Pull the horn button from the steering wheel. With sport wheel, remove the button, nut, washer, retainer and horn ring.
On 1972 and later models it is necessary to remove the attaching screws from under the steering wheel spoke to remove the horn cover.
- Remove the steering wheel nut and horn button contact cup.
- Scribe a line mark on the steering wheel and steering shaft if there is not one already. Release the turn signal assembly from the steering post and install a puller.
- Remove the steering wheel and spring.
- To install, align the scribe marks on the steering shaft with the steering wheel and secure the steering wheel spring, steering wheel, and horn button contact cup with the steering wheel nut.
- Install the horn button.
- Connect the battery cable and test the horn.