The wide open throttle switch is attached to the base of the carburetor by a mounting bracket. It is a mechanically operated electrical switch that is controlled by the position of the throttle. When the throttle is placed in the wide-open position, a cam on the throttle shaft actuates the switch about 15 degrees before the wide-open position to indicate a full-throttle demand to the MCU.
Removal & Installation
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Disconnect the throttle return spring.
- Disconnect the throttle cable.
- Disengage the wire harness connector to the WOT switch.
- Remove the two WOT switch-to-bracket mounting screws.
- Remove the WOT switch.
- Install the WOT switch and tighten the retainers.
- Engage the wire harness connector to the switch.
- Connect the throttle cable and the throttle return spring.
- Install the air cleaner assembly.