Removal & Installation
See Figures 1 and 2
Two 6mm x 70mm threaded rods and nuts are necessary for this procedure.
- Using heavy clamps, clamp off the coolant lines at the cold start capsule.
Follow this procedure exactly when removing the cold start capsule. There is a great deal of spring tension behind the housings.
- Remove one of the capsule retaining bolts and replace it with a 6mm diameter x 70mm long threaded rod.
- Thread a nut down the rod and tighten it.
- Remove the other bolt and replace it with a similar rod and nut.
- Back off the two nuts, alternately and evenly, to release spring tension. Separate the capsule housing from the bracket and cable housing.
- Remove the threaded rods.
- Insert a 26mm OD section of tubing into the end of the capsule housing and hit the end sharply with a mallet to loosen the slotted retaining nut. Remove the nut, capsule and O-ring.
- Assembly is the reverse of disassembly. Use the threaded rods to position the capsule housing, tightening them, alternately and evenly, then, replacing them, one at a time, with the bolts. Tighten the bolts securely.