Removal & Installation
See Figure 1
A 13mm deep-well socket is necessary for this procedure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fuel return hoses and fittings from the injectors
- Remove the high pressure lines from the injectors.
- Remove both injector clamp nuts and washers from each injector.
- Remove the injector clamp.
- Pull the injector from the head.
- Remove the copper seal and the heat shield.
- Clean the injector bore with a brass brush.
- Install a new heat shield and a new copper seal. Never reuse the old ones!
- Install the injector, high pressure fuel lines (finger-tight at this time), clamps, washers and nuts.
- Tighten the high pressure fuel lines.
- Use new washers and install the fuel return lines. Tighten the fittings to 88 inch lbs. (10 Nm).