Removal & Installation
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
Two different driveshafts are used on these vehicles. With Command-Trac®, the driveshaft has welded yokes at each end. With Selec-Trac®, a welded yoke is used at the rear and a splined slip yoke is used at the front.
- Raise and support the vehicle on jackstands.
- Place the transmission in N .
- Matchmark the yokes and flanges.
- On vehicles with Command-Trac®, the driveshaft may be removed by disconnecting it at the axle and sliding it from the front yoke, leaving the front yoke attached to the transfer case. If you do this, however, you MUST matchmark the driveshaft and front yoke BEFORE separation.
- On vehicles with Selec-Trac®, disconnect the yokes from the axle and transfer case. Remove the driveshaft.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Install new strap bolts and tighten strap bolts to 170 inch lbs. (19 Nm).