Removal & Installation
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Remove the fan shroud, as required.
- On those engines with a separate pulley, remove the retaining bolts and separate the pulley from the vibration damper.
- Remove the vibration damper/pulley retaining bolt from the crankshaft end.
- Using a puller, remove the damper/pulley from the crankshaft.
- Inspect the damper shaft and remove any burrs. Inspect for oil leakage from the timing chain seal. If leakage is present it may be caused by an undersized damper shaft. Install a damper shaft collar to restore correct outside diameter.
- Place a small amount of grease on the damper shaft to ease installation. Align the key slot of the damper with the key in the crankshaft and push damper on. The damper bolt is tightened to 80 ft. lbs. (108 Nm), except on 5.2L and 5.9L engines. On 5.2L and 5.9L engines, tighten to 135 ft. lbs. (183 Nm).
- Install pulley and tighten bolts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Install drive belt and adjust to the specified tension.