Removal & Installation
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- If necessary, disconnect the coolant temperature sensor electrical connector.
- Disconnect the upper radiator hose from the thermostat housing.
- Remove the attaching bolts and lift the housing from the engine.
- Remove the thermostat and gasket.
- Clean all gasket surfaces thoroughly.
- Place the thermostat in the housing with the spring inside the engine.
- Install a new gasket with a small amount of sealing compound applied to both sides.
- Install the water outlet and tighten the mounting bolts to 200 inch lbs. (23 Nm) on V-8 engines and 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm) on non-8 cylinder engines.
- Install the upper radiator hose to the housing and tighten the hose clamp.
- Connect the coolant temperature sensor connector to the housing.
- Refill the cooling system.