Removal & Installation
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the rocker arm cover.
- Remove the rocker arm bridge and pivot assembly by alternately loosening the capscrews 1 turn at a time. Remove the pushrods. Keep all components in order.
- On 2.8L, 5.2L and 5.9L engines, remove the intake manifold. On the 5.2L and 5.9L engines, remove the yoke retainer and aligning yokes. Remove the lifters.
- On all other engines, remove the lifters through the pushrod opening in the cylinder head using a lifter removal tool.
- Dip each lifter in MOPAR engine oil supplement and install into lifter bore using lifter tool.
- Install all components (in their original positions) in reverse order of removal. On 5.2L and 5.9L engines, install the yoke retainers and tighten the bolts to 200 inch lbs. (23 Nm).
- Pour remaining engine oil supplement in engine. The engine oil supplement must remain in the engine for at least 1000 miles but need not be drained until the next scheduled oil change.