Removal & Installation
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Open the liftgate.
- Remove the trim panel.
- Remove the retainer clips from the ball studs at the ends of the liftgate support cylinders.
- Pull the support cylinders off of the ball studs.
- Disconnect and remove the wiring harness.
- Have a helper support the liftgate and remove the liftgate hinge bolts.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Tighten fasteners to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm). Check alignment.
The position of the liftgate can be adjusted upward or downward, and inward or outward by use of hinge shims. Also, the hinge-to-body bolt holes are slotted to permit satisfactory alignment. Liftgate stop bumpers must also be adjusted if the hinges are adjusted. The bumpers are adjusted by shims.