Removal & Installation
See Figure 1
- Raise and support the vehicle safely. Position a drain pan under the shift motor.
- Disconnect the vacuum harness. Remove the housing attaching bolts. Remove the housing, motor and shift fork as a unit. Mark the shift fork for installation reference.
- Rotate the shift motor and remove the shift fork and motor retaining snaprings. Remove the shift motor from the housing.
- Remove the O-ring seal and discard.
- Add 5 oz. of gear lubricant to the axle through the shift motor housing opening.
- Install a replacement O-ring seal on the shift motor. Install the motor in the housing with the retaining snaprings and slide the shift fork onto the shaft with the reference marks aligned.
- Engage the shift fork with the shift collar and install the attaching bolts. Tighten to 101 inch lbs. (137 Nm).
- Connect the vacuum harness, lower the vehicle and road test.