Removal & Installation
Cherokee/Wagoneer and Comanche
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Remove the locknuts and washers from the upper stud.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- If necessary for access, remove the wheels.
- Remove the lower attaching nuts and bolts.
- Pull the shock absorber eyes and rubber bushings from the mounting pins.
Before installing new shocks, they should be purged of air. To do this, hold the shock upright and fully extend it, then invert and compress it. Do this several times.
- Position the shock on the vehicle and install the mounting hardware.
- Tighten the upper end nut to 8 ft. lbs. (11 Nm) and the lower end bolts