Removal & Installation
See Figure 1
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheels.
- On 4WD models, remove the axle shaft.
- Remove the disc brake caliper. See Brakes for additional service information.
- Remove the knuckle-to-ball joint cotter pins and nuts.
- Drive the knuckle out with a brass hammer.
A split ring seat is located in the bottom of the knuckle. During installation, this ring seat must be set to a depth of 0.20 in. (5.23mm). Measure the depth to the top of the ring seat.
- Position the knuckle on the vehicle. Tighten the knuckle retaining nuts to 75 ft. lbs. (102 Nm). Use new cotter pins to secure the nuts.
- Install the brake caliper. Tighten the disc brake caliper bolts to 77 ft. lbs. (104 Nm).
- If applicable, install the axle shaft.
- Install the wheels and lower the vehicle.