To replace the rear view mirror, loosen the mirror set screw and slide the mirror base up and off the retaining bracket. Install the replacement mirror on to the retaining bracket and tighten the set screw. DO NOT overtighten the set screw as this will chip or break the windshield.
To replace the retaining bracket use the following procedure:
- Mark installation reference position lines on the outside of the windshield glass with a grease pencil. Mark both horizontal and vertical reference marks.
- If the vinyl pad remained on the windshield glass, soften and remove it with a heat gun.
- Thoroughly clean the bracket contact surface area on the glass. Use a mild abrasive cleaning solution and final clean with isopropyl alcohol.
- Lightly sand the contact area on the replacement bracket with fine grit sandpaper. Wipe the bracket clean with alcohol.
- Follow the manufacturers instructions for preparing the adhesive.
- Install the rear view mirror.