Fog lamps are installed on the front bumper. The switch is located to the left of the steering column on the dash panel. The fog lamps are turned off by the circuit relay when the high beam driving lamps are turned on. The circuit relay is located on the right front wheelhouse panel near the blower motor.
Removal & Installation
Fog Lamp Element
See Figure 1
- Remove the lamp stone shields, the four bezel attaching screws, and the bezel.
- Remove the reflector assembly from the lamp body.
- Remove the bulb holder from the assembly. Remove the element from the bulb.
DO NOT handle elements with your bare hands, always handle with a clean cloth. Oil from your hands will cause the element to fail.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
The fog lamp switch is removed and installed by simply prying the switch from the instrument panel and unplugging the electrical connector.
FOGLAMP BEAM ADJUSTMENT
- Position the vehicle on a level surface, facing a wall approximately 25 feet away. Remove the lamp stone shields and loosen the adjustment nuts.
Turn the fog lamps ON and adjust as follows:
- Distance between the light beam centers should be equal to the distance between the lamp assemblies on the bumper.
- Height of the light beams on the wall should be 4 inches less than the center of the lamp assemblies when mounted on the bumper.
- Install all previously removed items after turning OFF the fog lamps.