Removal & Installation
Except 1996-98 Models
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Relieve the fuel system pressure as outlined in this section.
- Remove the vacuum line from the fuel pressure regulator.
- Remove the regulator mounting clamp bolt and clamp from the fuel rail.
- Remove the regulator and discard the O-ring seals.
- Install the new O-ring seals.
- Install the regulator and clamp onto the fuel rail and tighten the clamp mounting bolt.
- Engage the vacuum line to the regulator, start the engine and check for leaks.
See Figure 6
The fuel pressure regulator on 1996 models cannot be serviced separately. If it is found to be defective the entire fuel pump module must be replaced.
The fuel pressure regulator is an integral component of the fuel filter, which is mounted on top of the fuel pump module, located in the fuel tank. When the fuel filter/regulator assembly requires service, the fuel tank must be removed from the vehicle, however, the fuel pump module does not need to be removed.