WITH FUEL PRESSURE TEST PORT
See Figures 1 and 2
Before opening any part of the fuel system, the pressure in the system must be relieved!
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fuel filler cap.
- Remove the cap from the pressure test port on the fuel rail in the engine compartment.
Do not allow fuel to spray or spill on the engine exhaust manifold! Place heavy shop towels under the pressure port to absorb any escaped fuel!
- Obtain the fuel pressure gauge/hose assembly from fuel pressure gauge tool 5069 or its equivalent and remove the gauge from the hose.
- Place the gauge end of the hose into an approved gasoline container and place a shop towel under the test port.
- To release fuel pressure, screw the other end of the hose onto the fuel pressure test port.
- After the pressure has been relieved, remove the hose.
- Install the test port cap.
WITHOUT FUEL PRESSURE TEST PORT
- Remove the fuel pump relay from the Power Distribution Center (PDC). For location of the relay, refer to the label on the underside of the PDC cover.
- Start the engine and allow it to run until it stalls out.
- Attempt to start the engine until it will no longer run.
- Turn the ignition key to the OFF position.