WITH FUEL PRESSURE TEST PORT
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fuel filler cap.
- Remove the cap from the pressure test port on the fuel rail in the engine compartment.
- Obtain the fuel pressure gauge/hose assembly from fuel pressure gauge tool 5069 or its equivalent and remove the gauge from the hose.
- Place the gauge end of the hose into an approved gasoline container and place a shop towel under the test port.
- To release fuel pressure, screw the other end of the hose onto the fuel pressure test port.
- After the pressure has been relieved, remove the hose.
- Install the test port cap.
WITHOUT FUEL PRESSURE TEST PORT
- Remove the fuel pump relay from the Power Distribution Center (PDC). For location of the relay, refer to the label on the underside of the PDC cover.
- Start the engine and allow it to run until it stalls out.
- Attempt to start the engine until it will no longer run.
- Turn the ignition key to the OFF position.