Removal & Installation
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Disconnect the air inlet tube from the throttle body.
- Tag and disconnect the wiring and hoses from the throttle body.
- Tag and disconnect all the control cables.
- Remove the mounting bolts and remove the throttle body. Discard the gasket.
Install the new gasket, throttle body and mounting bolts. Tighten the bolts as follows;
On pre-1991 models; 23 ft. lbs. (31 Nm)
- Engage the control cables.
- Engage the wiring and hoses to the throttle body.
- Engage the air inlet tube to the throttle body and connect the negative battery cable.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Tighten the mounting bolts to 23 ft. Ibs. (31 Nm) pre-1991 models and 9 ft. lbs. (12 Nm) 1991-98 models.
- If equipped with an automatic transmission, the throttle valve cable MUST be adjusted! See Section 7.