Removal & Installation
See Figure 1
Coil springs are used only on the Grand Cherokee/Grand Wagoneer models.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Support the axle with a suitable jack.
- Disconnect the sway bar links and shock absorbers from the axle bracket.
- Disconnect the track bar from the frame rail bracket.
- Lower the axle until the spring is free from the upper mount seat. Remove the coil spring clip screw and remove the spring.
- Position the coil spring on the axle pad, then install the spring clip and screw. Tighten the screw to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Raise the axle into position until the spring seats in the upper mount.
- Connect the sway bar links and shock absorbers to the axle bracket. Connect the track bar to the frame rail bracket.
- Remove the supports and lower the vehicle.