Removal & Installation
See Figure 1
Rear upper control arms are used only on the Grand Cherokee/Grand Wagoneer models.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the wheels.
- Remove the control arm-to-axle bolt.
- Remove the control arm-to-frame bolt and remove the arm.
- Position the control arm on the vehicle. Install the nuts and bolts finger-tight.
- Install the wheels.
- Lower the vehicle.
It is important to have the front springs at their normal ride height when the upper control arm attaching nuts are tightened. Vehicle ride comfort could be adversely affected.
- Tighten the control arm bolts to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm) at the axle; 66 ft. lbs. (90 Nm) at the frame.