Removal & Installation
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Remove the air cleaner cover by disengaging the retaining screw or clips.
- Remove the air filter element.
- Clean the filter element by gently blowing trapped debris from the filter with compressed air. Direct the air in the opposite direction of normal flow. Keep the air nozzle at least two inches (50 mm) away from the filter to avoid damage to the filter.
- If the filter element has become saturated with oil, replace it and inspect the crankcase ventilating system for proper operation.
- Clean the air cleaner cover and body.
- Install the air cleaner element and cover.