Removal & Installation
Without Air Bag
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Remove the turn signal switch.
- Insert the key in the lock cylinder and turn it to the ON position.
- Remove the key warning buzzer switch and contacts AS AN ASSEMBLY using needle-nosed pliers, or a paper clip with a 90° bend.
Some steering columns may have a retaining screw holding the lock cylinder in the column. When servicing this type, simply remove the retaining screw and remove the lock cylinder.
- With the ignition switch still in the ON position, insert a thin screwdriver into the slot adjacent to the switch attaching screw boss (right-hand slot). Depress the spring latch located at the bottom of the slot to release the lock cylinder.
- Remove the lock cylinder.
- To install the lock cylinder, turn the key to the LOCK position. Insert the lock cylinder in to the housing far enough to contact the drive tang. Force it inward and move the ignition switch actuator rod up and down to align the components. When the components align, the cylinder will move inward and the spring-loaded retainer will snap into place locking the lock cylinder in the housing.
If the lock cylinder is retained by a screw, tighten the screw to 40 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Install the key warning buzzer switch.
- Follow the ignition switch installation procedures to adjust the ignition switch.
- Install the turn signal switch.
Please refer to the ignition switch removal and installation procedure.