Removal & Installation
See Figure 1
A Diagnostic Readout Box (DRB II), or the equivalent type of scan tool, is essential to perform the bleeding of the ABS system.
- Remove the air cleaner and the clamp that secures the air cleaner hose and pipe to the fender apron.
- Place a suitable size drain container under the master cylinder reservoir hoses and disengage the reservoir hoses from the HCU.
- Remove the reservoir and disengage the pump motor and solenoid harness wires at the HCU.
- Tag and disconnect the HCU hydraulic lines at the HCU.
- Move the HCU harness and air cleaner hose pipe aside for access to the HCU bracket fasteners and remove the fasteners.
- Remove the HCU, being careful not to damage the brake lines or master cylinder.
- Engage the reservoir hoses to the HCU pipes and position the HCU assembly on the bracket. Tighten the fasteners to 92-112 inch lbs. (10-13 Nm).
- Install and tighten the HCU hydraulic lines. Check the lines and hose routing so that they are clear of engine components and have no kinks.
- Fill the master cylinder with DOT 3 brake fluid and bleed the brake system. Refer to the bleeding procedure for this system in this section.
- Install the air cleaner and hoses. Fasten the air cleaner hose to the fender apron with the clamp.
- Test drive the vehicle and test for proper brake operation.