Removal & Installation
See Figure 1
The pedal travel sensor and booster must form a matched set. The cap on the sensor and on the booster shell are color coded for identification, and to ensure that they are used as matched sets. Be sure the color of the sensor cap and the color dot on the booster shell are the same before installation.
- Disengage the wires at the sensor and pump the brake pedal until all vacuum is depleted from the booster.
- Unseat the sensor retaining ring and remove the sensor from the booster.
- Check the color dot on the face of the brake booster. Then check the color cap on the sensor plunger. If the colors match, proceed with the installation. If the colors do not match, install the correct color cap on the end of the plunger.
- Install the O-ring on the sensor.
- Install the sensor retaining ring on the booster flange and insert the sensor in the retaining ring and booster.
- Verify that the sensor is properly engaged, then connect the sensor wires.