REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Turn the front wheel outward for easier access to the sensor.
- Before disassembly, note sensor wire routing including location of all clips and retainers. The sensor wire must be routed correctly during reassembly to avoid damage from moving parts.
- Carefully remove the sensor wire from the mounting brackets.
- If the sensor is coated with mud, slush, etc., clean the sensor and surrounding area. This will prevent damage to the sensor and tone wheel during removal.
- Remove the sensor attaching bolt and remove the sensor from the steering knuckle.
- Loosen the grommet holding the sensor wire from the wheel arch panel.
- In the engine compartment, disconnect the sensor wire connector from the ABS harness. Carefully remove the sensor and harness from the vehicle.
- Apply Loctite® 242 or equivalent, to the sensor attaching bolt. Replace the original bolt if worn or damaged.
- Position the sensor on the steering knuckle and install the attaching bolt finger tight.
- Hold the sensor in this position and tighten the retaining bolt to 11 ft. lbs (14 Nm).
- Attach the sensor wire to the steering knuckle bracket with grommets on the sensor wire.
- Route the sensor wire to the outer sill bracket. Make sure it is not twisted or kinked.
- Attach the sensor wire to the outer sill bracket with grommet. Make sure it is not twisted or kinked.
The wire should loop forward and above the sill bracket; the loose end of the wire should be below the sill bracket and towards the brake hose.
- Seat the sensor wire grommet in the body panel and clip the wire to the brake line at the grommet location.
- Connect the sensor wire to the harness in the engine compartment.