See Figure 1
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the pedal sensor wires.
- Remove the clamps that attach the reservoir hoses to the HCU pipes, remove the hoses and allow them to drain into a container before removing the reservoir.
- Pump the brake pedal to exhaust all vacuum from the power brake booster.
- Disconnect the necessary brake lines at the master cylinder and combination valve. Remove the combination valve bracket bolt.
- Remove the nuts attaching the master cylinder to the booster mounting studs, then pull the master cylinder forward and off the studs.
If a new master cylinder is being installed, bleed the cylinder on a bench before installation.
- Position the master cylinder to the booster.
- Connect the reservoir hoses to the HCU pipes.
- With the master cylinder and booster properly connected, install and tighten the attaching nuts to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm).
- Connect the brake lines to the master cylinder.
- Connect the sensor wires.
- Fill and bleed the brake system.