REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
For vehicles equipped with an Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), please refer to removal and installation of the power brake booster in the Anti-lock Brake portion of this section.
- Loosen, but do not remove, the nuts attaching the master cylinder to booster.
- Remove the instrument panel lower trim cover.
- Remove the retaining clip attaching the booster pushrod to the brake pedal.
- Disconnect the stoplight switch electrical connector.
- Remove the bolts and nuts attaching the booster to the dash panel and remove the vacuum hose.
- Remove the master cylinder from the booster and carefully position it aside, being careful not to damage the brake lines. Remove the booster.
- Install the check valve and grommet in the booster. Position the booster on the vehicle and install the attaching nuts and bolts.
- Attach the booster pushrod to the brake pedal. Tighten the booster mounting bolts and nuts to 22-30 ft. lbs. (30-41 Nm).
- Connect the stoplight switch electrical connector and reinstall the trim panels.
- Install the master cylinder on the booster and tighten the nuts to 15-25 ft. lbs. (21-34 Nm). Top off the master cylinder, connect the vacuum hose and check for proper operation of the system.