BLEEDING THE SYSTEM
See Figures 1 and 2
- Fill the reservoir with clean brake fluid.
- Raise and support the vehicle on jackstands.
- Attach one end of a rubber hose to the concentric bearing bleeder screw and place the other end in a jar, filled halfway with clean brake fluid. Make sure that the hose will stay submerged.
- Loosen the bleeder screw.
- Have an assistant press and hold the clutch pedal to the floor. Tighten the bleeder screw with the pedal at the floor. Bubbles will have appeared in the jar when the pedal was depressed.
- Have your assistant release the pedal, then perform the sequence again, until bubbles no longer appear in the jar.
- Lower the vehicle and test the clutch.
The clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder and connecting line are sealed units and are prefilled with fluid at the factory.