REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Remove the fan shroud, as required. If necessary, drain the cooling system and remove the radiator. Remove drive belts from the pulley.
When draining the coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted by ethylene glycol antifreeze, and are quite likely to drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantity. Always drain the coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or several years old.
- On those engines with a separate pulley, remove the retaining bolts and separate the pulley from the vibration damper.
- Remove the vibration damper/pulley retaining bolt from the crankshaft end.
- Using a puller, remove the damper/pulley from the crankshaft.
- Upon installation, align the key slot of the pulley hub to the crankshaft key. Complete assembly in the reverse order of removal. Torque the retaining bolts to 80 ft. lbs. (108 Nm).