REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
Never remove the liftgate supports with the liftgate closed! The support cylinders are operated under high pressure. After removal, never attempt to disassemble the supports!
- Open and support the liftgate.
- Disconnect the defogger wiring.
- Remove the liftgate-to-supports retaining clips at both ends of each support.
- Pull the support cylinders off of the ball studs.
- Remove the hinges-to-liftgate screws and lift off the liftgate.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Check alignment.