REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Open the tailgate.
- Unbolt and remove the tailgate stop swing cover.
- Pry out the retainer spacer that secure the tailgate tension spring in the bracket.
- Squeeze the spring and remove it from the bracket.
- Remove the plastic isolator.
- Close the tailgate.
- Remove the tailgate hinge bolts.
- Release the latch and lift out the tailgate.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Alignment is accomplished by loosening the hinge bolts and moving the closed tailgate to obtain a satisfactory fit.