REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Support the front axle so the weight is relieved.
- Remove the stabilizer bar link attaching nut.
- Remove the nuts, U-bolts and bracket from the axle.
- Remove the nut and bolt attaching the spring front eye to the shackle.
- Remove the spring from the vehicle.
- Position the spring front eye in the shackle.
- Position the rear eye in the hanger bracket.
- Install the spring bracket, U-bolts and nuts. Torque the nuts to 90 ft. lbs. (122 Nm).
- Attach the stabilizer bar links.
- Remove the axle support.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Torque the front shackle plate nut to 100 ft. lbs. (135 Nm).
- Torque the rear eye bracket nut to 105 ft. lbs. (142 Nm).