REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Without Air Conditioning
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Drain about two quarts of coolant.
- Disconnect the heater hoses at the engine side of the firewall.
- Detach the heater control cables.
- Disconnect the motor wiring.
- Detach the water drain hose and the defroster hose.
- Remove the nuts from the studs in the engine compartment.
- Tilt the heater housing assembly down and pull it back toward the inside of the vehicle.
- Remove the attaching screws and the blower motor.
- Position the heater housing assembly on the dash panel.
- Make sure that the seals around the core tubes and blower motor are in place.
- Install the attaching nuts on the studs being careful not to over tighten.
- Attach the defroster duct to the housing.
- Connect the blower motor wiring.
- Connect the vent door control cables.
- Connect the heater hoses.
- Fill and bleed the cooling system.