REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Relieve fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the fuel lines at the ends of the fuel rail assembly.
- Mark and disengage the injector wire harness connectors.
- Remove the fuel rail retaining bolts.
- Disconnect the vacuum line from the fuel pressure regulator.
- Remove the fuel rail assembly from the engine.
On models with automatic transmission, it may be necessary to remove the automatic transmission throttle pressure cable and bracket to remove the fuel rail assembly.
- Remove the clips that retain the injectors to the fuel rail and remove the injectors.
- Install the injectors and clips.
- Install the fuel rail and tighten the fuel rail mounting bolts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Connect the vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator.
- Engage the fuel injector electrical connectors.
- Connect the fuel lines to the injectors.
- Connect the negative battery cable.