See Figure 1
The fuel system is under constant fuel pressure of 19-39 psi (131-269 kPa). The fuel pressure must be released before servicing any part of the fuel system.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fuel tank filler cap.
- Remove the cap from the pressure test port on the fuel rail.
- Place shop towels under and around the fuel pressure test port to absorb any spilled fuel.
- Using a pin punch or other suitable tool wrapped in shop towels, push the test port valve in the relieve fuel pressure.
- Remove the shop towels and dispose of properly.
- Install the cap on the pressure test port on the fuel rail.
- Install the fuel tank filler cap and connect the negative battery cable.