REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the air cleaner snorkel from the throttle body.
- Disconnect the Automatic Idle Speed (AIS) motor and TPS wire connectors.
- Remove the accelerator cable, throttle cable and speed control cable, if so equipped from the throttle arm.
- Remove the throttle body retaining bolts and remove the throttle body assembly.
- Clean the manifold and throttle body mating surfaces. Be sure to use a new gasket between the throttle body assembly and the intake manifold.
- Install the throttle body assembly and torque the nuts to 9 ft. lbs. (12 Nm).
- Engage the AIS motor and Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) wire connectors.
- Connect the accelerator cable, throttle cable and speed control cable, if so equipped, to the throttle arm.
When the automatic transmission throttle cable is connected it must be adjusted. Please refer to Drive Trian .
- On automatic transmissions, connect and adjust the line pressure cable. Refer to Drive Trian of this guide.
- Connect the air cleaner snorkel to the throttle body.
- Connect the negative battery cable.