REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise the vehicle and support it on jackstands.
- Remove the rear wheels.
- Matchmark and disconnect the driveshaft from the rear yoke.
- Disconnect the shock absorbers from the axle tubes. If equipped, disconnect the track bar at the axle bracket.
- Disconnect the brake hose from the tee fitting on the axle housing. Disconnect the vent tube at the axle.
- Disconnect the parking brake cable at the frame.
- Remove the U-bolts. Disconnect the spring at the rear shackle.
- Support the axle on a jack, remove the spring clips, and remove the axle assembly from under the vehicle.
- Raise the axle on a jack and install the spring clips.
- Install and tighten the U-bolts to 90 ft. lbs. (122 Nm). Attach the spring at the rear shackle and tighten the shackle bolts to 95 ft. lbs. (129 Nm). Torque the spring-to-frame bracket bolts to 105 ft. lbs. (142 Nm).
- Connect the parking brake cable at the frame mounting.
- Connect the brake hose at the axle housing tee fitting.
- Connect the vent tube at the axle.
- If equipped, fasten the track bar to the axle bracket and tighten the bolts to 74 ft. lbs. (100 Nm).
- Connect the shock absorbers to the axle tubes. Torque the nuts to 44 ft. lbs. (60 Nm).
- Connect the driveshaft.
- Install the rear wheels.
- Lower the vehicle.
Bleed and adjust the brakes accordingly.