REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Position a jack under the rear axle and raise it enough to relieve the axle weight from the rear springs.
- Remove the shock absorber upper attaching nut and washer from the frame bracket stud.
- Remove the shock absorber lower attaching nut washers and bolt from the axle shaft tube bracket, and remove the shock absorber.
- Install the shocks in reverse order of the removal procedure. Torque the upper nut and lower bolt to 44 ft. lbs. (60 Nm).