REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- If necessary for access, raise and safely support the vehicle.
- If the vehicle is raised for access, position a jack under the rear axle and raise it enough to relieve the axle weight from the rear springs.
- Unbolt the bar from the frame bracket.
- Unbolt the bar from the axle tube.
- Remove the track bar from the vehicle.
- Lower the vehicle to its normal ride position. Make sure the vehicle's parking brake is fully engaged and both the front and rear wheels chocked.
It is important that the rear springs are supporting the weight of the vehicle (the springs are at their usual position) when the replacement track bar is installed, otherwise it will be difficult to align the bolt hole with the bracket bolt holes. Also, if the springs are not at their usual position when the track bar attaching nuts are tightened, the vehicle ride comfort could be adversely affected.
- Position the ends of the replacement track bar in the frame and axle brackets and insert the track bar bolts.
- Install and tighten the track bar attaching nuts to 125 ft. lbs. (168 Nm).