REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the cotter pins and retaining nuts at both ends of the tie rod and from the end of the connecting rod where it attaches to the tie rod.
- Remove the nut attaching the steering damper pushrod to the tie rod bracket and move the damper aside.
- Remove the tie rod ends from the steering arms and connecting rod with a puller.
- Count the number of threads showing on the tie rod before removing the ends, as a guide to installation.
- Loosen the adjusting tube clamp bolts and unthread the ends.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Torque the steering damper-to-tie rod nut and the ball stud-to-drag link to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm); ball stud nut-to-the steering knuckle to 35 ft. lbs. (47 Nm).
- Adjust toe-in, if necessary.