See Figure 1
- Unplug the harness terminal connector from the WOT switch.
- Test the on-off operation of the switch with a digital volt-ohmmeter while operating the switch manually.
- The resistance should be infinite when the throttle is closed and a low resistance should be indicated when the throttle is wide open. Test the switch operation several times and replace the WOT switch is defective.
- Engage the wire harness connector. With the ignition switch ON , test the WOT switch voltage at the diagnostic connector terminals D2-6 (+) and D2-7 (-). The voltage should be zero at the WOT position and greater than 2 volts if not at the WOT position.
- If the voltage is always zero, test for a short circuit to ground in the wire harness or switch, or an open circuit between terminal 8 of the ECU connector and the switch connector. Repair or replace the wire harness as necessary.
- If the voltage is always greater than 2 volts, test for an open circuit in the wire or connector between the switch and ground. Repair as necessary.