Angular Adjustable Roller Improved-Angular Contact Improved (Aari-Aci) Type
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the halfshaft and place into a vise.
- Cut to remove the AARi and ACi big clamps.
- Using a brass drift and hammer, remove the AARi and ACi small clamps.
Matchmark the tripod and tulip assemblies to the halfshaft.
- Remove the tulip assembly from the halfshaft.
- Using a snap ring expander, remove the circlip from the tripod.
Matchmark the tripod and joint shaft.
- Using a brass drift and hammer, remove the tripod from the joint shaft.
- Place tape over the splines of the shaft (AARi side) and remove the ACi boot clamps.
- Pull out the AARi and ACi boots.
The boots and boot clamps should be replaced when removed.
Ensure there is tape over the splines of the shaft to prevent damage to the boots when installing.
- Using new boots, place new clamps to the small boot ends and install them onto the halfshaft.
Align the matchmarks and place the beveled side of the tripod axial splines toward the ACi joint. Using a suitable tool and hammer, tap the tripod onto the halfshaft.