Angular Adjustable Roller Improved-Angular Contact Improved (Aari-Aci) Type
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the halfshaft and place into a vise.
- Cut to remove the AARi and ACi big clamps.
- Using a brass drift and hammer, remove the AARi and ACi small clamps.
Matchmark the tripod and tulip assemblies to the halfshaft.
- Remove the tulip assembly from the halfshaft.
- Using a snap ring expander, remove the circlip from the tripod.
Matchmark the tripod and joint shaft.
- Using a brass drift and hammer, remove the tripod from the joint shaft.
- Place tape over the splines of the shaft (AARi side) and remove the ACi boot clamps.
- Pull out the AARi and ACi boots.
Ensure there is tape over the splines of the shaft to prevent damage to the boots when installing.
- Using new boots, place new clamps to the small boot ends and install them onto the halfshaft.
Align the matchmarks and place the beveled side of the tripod axial splines toward the ACi joint. Using a suitable tool and hammer, tap the tripod onto the halfshaft.
- Install a new circlip.
- Fill the ACi and AARi boot with the specified grease to replace any that was removed during disassembly.
- Align the matchmarks and install the AARi joint to the shaft.
- Install the boot clamps, ensuring that the boots are properly seated on the halfshaft grooves.
Secure the large boot clamps to the specified distance of .079 inches (2 mm) as shown.
Secure the small clamps to the specified distance of 0.063 inches (1.6 mm) as shown.
- Install the halfshaft into the vehicle.