This sensor is a resistor based sensor which detects the intake air temperature. According to the intake air temperature reading the ECM/PCM will control the necessary amount of fuel injection.
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the connector from the sensor.
- Remove the sensor retaining screws, as required.
- Remove the air cleaner and air intake assembly, as required.
- Remove the sensor from its mounting.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure the ignition is OFF.
- Remove the sensor connector.
- Using an ohmmeter measure the resistance between terminal 5 and 3 (component side).
On 2004 vehicles specification should be as follows:
Intake air temperature -40 degrees, resistance 33.85-61.20 kohms
On 2005-2006 vehicles specification should be as follows:
Intake air temperature -40 degrees, resistance 45.3 kohms
- Replace the sensor, as required.